Thursday, August 5, 2010

I create

As a creativity coach, especially now that I am certified, I believe it is crucial that I create. So here are a few examples of what I've been doing over the last few weeks. 



These are two pages of an old biology book that I am altering. I've been fascinated by altered books for some time now but this is the first time I have tried my hand at it. It is not easy. The fish's eye is from a photo of a famous film star.  



And this is a portion of a shawl that I just finished weaving. The yarn is recycled silk and was a bit of a challenge. I still have to fringe it but I am leaving for a conference in Missouri in the morning. 
So, what have you created lately?

3 comments:

  1. okay, this is very weird. guess who was a weaver for many years?? i had a leclerc and then a glimakra! apprenticed in pasadena, CA for a year. wow. small world. gorgeous colors in this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristineeeen....You're not supposed to show off presents before you give them...but I'll look really good in that shawl....Thanks, sis...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kristeeen...you're not supposed to show presents before you give them....but I will look really good in that shawl...Thanks, sis...

    ReplyDelete