Sunday, April 10, 2011

Back to Basics

My friend Laura and I are reading The Artist's Way by Julia Cameron. It is a classic work on rediscovering one's creativity. I read it years ago and it's like renewing acquaintance with an old and dear friend. 

One of the many things that I've learned about creativity is that we can hear something or read something and not be ready for it or not understand it but when we keep ourselves open, when we keep listening or reading we will eventually hear or read what we need. Sometimes we need to hear or read something many times before whatever we need to learn sinks in. 

I learned a lot the first time I read through The Artist's Way and I look forward to learning even more this time. Here's the poster I made the first time around.  

The Artist's Way is full of exercises and activities to nurture one's creativity. This poster is just one of many. If you'd like to see some of Laura's work, here's the link.




1 comment:

  1. I am SO enjoying working through this wonderfully insightful book with you Kris. I believe there are doors already in place for us but our minds must be open enough to see them & step through....

    Talk to you soon :>

    ReplyDelete