Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Illustration Friday

Cooking Salsa


SUSPENSE

When I saw the word "suspense" as the prompt for this week's Illustration Friday, my first thoughts were of James Bond, Cloak and Dagger movies and 1930's cheap detective novels. 

I live a more sedate life. Suspense for me is more often found waiting for the pot to boil. This past weekend, my husband and I canned four and a half gallons of Hatch long green chile salsa. It's a lot of work and suspense on how the batch will turn out. This particular batch is close to perfect, flavor and heat. 

This sketch is pencil, crayon, watercolor and melted crayon on watercolor paper. 


The suspense is over.

And here is a photo of the results of all our hard work. 


Enjoy your week, Everyone!

3 comments:

  1. i need to know: do you own an apron with yellow rick-rack??
    xoxoxo GO KRIS WITH YOUR ARTIST SELF!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of aprons but none so retro. And I couldn't look so serene if you paid me!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melted crayons? We're the chilis that hot??

    ReplyDelete