Monday, May 24, 2010

Spring cleaning

If your mind is cluttered, clean your house.

A friend of mine gave me this quote recently and it really describes my mind and house at the moment: uncluttered and clean. We had some major remodeling earlier in the year and the dust was horrible. So I've had a college student come twice a week to help me clean. As she dusted furniture and mopped floors, I've been emptying closets. I made $52 at a recent yard sale with friends and I've taken several, large boxes to a local charity thrift store.

I didn't think my mind was cluttered before I started this spring cleaning but as I've rearranged, straightened and reduced the "stuff" in my home, I've noticed a corresponding lighter spirit. Now there's not the nagging little voice telling me to clean instead of write, or file papers instead of make paper. Hmmm. Maybe I'm on to something here. Try it.   

No comments:

Post a Comment