Sunday, June 20, 2010

Time Management or ...

Next month, I'm giving a workshop on Time Management for Creative People at The Firehouse in Del Rio, Texas. I have a lot of fun and interesting material to present. Some is tried and true and some is new and exciting. And I have a secret to share. 

I'll share it with you now. It's simply this: it's not about time management at all. It's all TASK management, organizing, ranking, evaluating those things we have to do in order to have more time to create. Think about it. Except for the nanoseconds we lose each day since the Chilean earthquake, we never have more time. Time is always the same, twenty-four hours in a day, seven days a week. When we go on vacation, don't we have the time to do what we want, hike that trail, visit that restaurant, shop and eat? That's because those task are high on our list and enjoyable. It's working on the stuff when we get home, the have-to's and shoulds that bog us down. 
  
Curious to learn more? Check back in a few days. 

     

1 comment:

  1. Cool..thanks for sharing.

    My wife got me a bunch of stuff on Time Management 2 months ago...really nice

    ReplyDelete